|About the CIC Home||Guiding Pricipals||Board Members|
|Meeting Schedule||Agendas||Minutes||UACIC Fincial Statments|
We accomplish our mission by building partnerships, identifying and evaluating economic development opportunities, making recommendations to city officials, and advocating for and participating in projects that bring economic vitality to the community. The following guiding principles make sense for Upper Arlington and provide the basis for our decision making:
- Redevelopment and Renewal are the primary focus of our community's economic development efforts, with the UA Master Plan serving as a resource, along with the UDO that establishes standards for guiding OUR decisions.
- Our efforts must target current and prospective businesses and investments that yield the greatest short- and long-term economic benefit, mindful of our community's residents, resources, and infrastructure.
- Retaining our current base of businesses is a priority. Companies that have long made Upper Arlington their home deserve our attention and appreciation.
- All redevelopment and renewal projects must reinforce Upper Arlington's strong sense of community.
- In every project, our intent is to work in a spirit of cooperation with owners of the subject property.
- The appropriate infrastructure (including parking, greenspace, access to roads, etc.) must be considered before significant redevelopment or renewal efforts can begin. In some cases, the CIC and/or City will be a partner in providing the enhanced infrastructure.
- With all projects we undertake, the UACIC will inform and communicate openly with our fellow residents.